CESA 2 literacy consultants are available to support the implementation of English Language Arts Common Core State Standards, 4K-12. They facilitate curriculum design, create school improvement plans, and work with literacy leadership teams to implement state-wide literacy initiatives.
CESA 2 offers districts access to literacy consultants who are Certified Reading Specialists and can support implementation of literacy curriculum for school districts in compliance with state statutes. They can serve as the district's in-house reading specialist, if needed.
Literacy services are available to provide in-district professional development workshops and coaching such as:
- support literacy leaders in a variety of coaching contexts and levels
- provide teachers with professional development: in-class consultation, assistance, feedback, and modeling
- contribute to a thorough understanding of the ELA and Disciplinary Literacy standards of the Common Core as well as literacy related standards found in other state and national model standards
- work with teachers of all levels to understand and use both formative and summative assessment data to analyze current practice and identify areas for improvement
- customized services dependent on district needs: balanced literacy, balanced assessment, SLOs, reading and writing workshops, RtI, or other ELA topics
- facilitate meetings and professional learning communities