WSPEI is all about partnerships, helping families and school districts find the resources that help them build positive working relationships leading to shared decision making and positive outcomes for children's learning. WSPEI services are free of charge.
Services available for families include:
- Individual family support
- Strategies to navigate the school system
- Access to free electronic or hard copy educational materials
- Connection to families and organizations
- Educational opportunities to learn how to participate in their child's development and learning
- Information about options if parents disagree with a decision of the school
- Assist with connecting learning at home to a child's IEP goals, supports, and accommodations
- Strategies to engage in conversations with schools about a child's reading and literacy
Services available for schools include:
- Recruitment and support of district family engagement liaisons
- Development of family engagement teams and family engagement plans which address the State Performance Plan Indicator #8 Data
- Access to educational materials to support engagement and collaboration with families
- Assist with connecting students' IEP goals, supports, and accommodations to learning at home
- Strategies to engage in conversation with families about their child's reading and literacy
♦Family Liaison trainings are offered throughout the year.
♦Fundamentals of Family Involvement and other family-focused trainings are offered to parents and schools.
♦General services from the Parent-Educator Network are provided free of charge to local school districts.
♦Parent - Educator Network is funded by the Wisconsin Statewide Parent - Educator Initiative (WSPEI).
♦For resources, go to www.wspei.org